Thursday, October 18, 2007

Starting over...

When my mother-in-law Margaret was visiting us a couple weeks ago, she helped me back up with my itty-bitty mistake (translation: she brilliantly knew where I'd made my mistake, unraveled to the row before the mistake, and picked up the pattern at exactly the right place!), and together we finished my project. We both concluded that the design, from a beginner's knitting book, was most definitely NOT a beginner's design! I bought two buttons to attach (hoping faux pearls on light green yarn will not look too girly for my baby boy), so once someone shows me how to do that (I do have a knitting cousin visiting in a few weeks!), I will finally post pictures! Other than the buttons, I'm done!

As soon as Margaret left, I started another dishcloth all by myself. I felt silly starting a dishcloth after these beautiful booties, but I do really need to practice my beginning skills. I'm almost done this cloth (not getting to it every day...I don't think it would take even ME 2 weeks to knit one dishcloth!), and maybe I'll make a couple more before trying something brave on my own...like a scarf. Kidding. Any suggestions for an easy project that would match newborn booties? I have a lot of yarn left over. OK! Maybe I'll be blogging a bit more often now! :)

No comments: