Saturday, August 4, 2007

Re-learning

Well, it's been so long since I've knitted that my blog is actually quite up to date. April?! Wow. I had brought my itty bitty project to Oregon to have Katrina have a look in May, and somehow it didn't happen. (Hmm--people have lives? You want to actually catch up with your friends when you're visiting? You have a doctoral degree to finish?) I brought the project to Oregon AGAIN when we went for graduation in June, and again, the opportunity never came up to have my mother-in-law help me. I brought it to Calgary in July, and the same thing happened. We were hardly home.

I pretty much decided to start over, since I can't fix it myself (and I'm pretty sure it's unfixable), but I've forgotten how to cast on, knit, purl, decrease and increase, and bind off. Luckily, Katrina sent me her first knitting book: Knitting for Dummies! I'm actually really looking forward to starting over.

And maybe I'll even make an itty bitty thing or two for my own itty bitty one arriving in November! :)

1 comment:

Meggie said...

have you checked out "a friend to knit with?" she knows lots about knitting and her other links do too. good luck!