Monday, February 5, 2007

What next?

I like Katrina's suggestions for projects beyond-the-scarf. I'm going to stay away from blankets for now, as it feels like forever just to knit a scarf. Dave's scarf is still progressing; it's longer and wider than mine though, so it's taking a while. (I'm also back into a symphony set, and if you think reading while you don't play is rude...I can't imagine picking up a knitting project.)

The problem is that I don't know how to do anything but the regular stitches. I know there are great books out there, but I don't really have plans to buy any of them any time soon. ("Hello, Jillian! It's your lecture-document calling!") I like knitting in my down time though, and I'd like to try a fair isle design. I have some very simple patterns (or so they say) in my how-to-knit book (including a tea cozy I'm interested in trying), but I don't know how to read a pattern. A tutorial may be in order.

For now, the scarf is all I have. *Grumble*

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I see what you're saying Jill. Knitter-ese is a bit of a foreign language. I'll grab some common knit patterns and translate on my site this week.

Leoal said...

You should really check out this site, it has been a life saver for me learning to knit. I knit wierd (continental style according to this site) and therefore people who knit the normal way have a hard time teaching me stuff. So I learned from this web site and the little videos are super helpful.

Ps. Did you check out my knitting on my blog?

http://www.knittinghelp.com/